Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Butcher1 Painted

 I've been holding onto this model for a long time now. I've heard that Butcher1 was the first model for Warmachine Privateer every made (though this is a resculpt). I think this is a fantastic model and I loved painting it, especially as a little break from brass and pink. 



Butcher1, face

I experimented a bit with stubble, since I didn't want his whole head to be one color, and I think I nailed it. This may be one of the best models I've ever painted. 

Butcher1, back

I painted him up in the 5th Border Legion theme colors, which is how I'm transitioning all of my Khador to look. Butcher actually has some history with the 5th Border Legion, at the battle where he got his name if I remember correctly. I did a very blue cool-tone fur coat to tie in the base (which isn't really finished yet), and many different browns for the leather cape. 

Butcher1, top

I really like the scale of him too, it has a great balance of details, and the details that are there are large and easy to paint. 

Butcher1, front

So even though I haven't gotten out my Khador in well over a year (two years?) I may have to soon just to show his off. I also recommend the novella that Dan Wells wrote, The Butcher of Khardov. It's probably the best fiction that I've read from PP's IP. 

Okay, now back to sea green robes and porcelain masks. 


1 comment:

warhead01 said...

Fantastic! the stubble on his face and head is amazing!