Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Convergence Update

 I actually have gotten a bit of painting done over the last year, though I haven't been very good at posting them. It looks like I'm getting my first post of 2021 in right before the buzzer on it. First is finally a warcaster, Forge Master Syntherion:

Syntherion
Convergence of Cyriss, Syntherion, top

Convergence of Cyriss, Syntherion, side

Convergence of Cyriss Syntherion
Syntherion, face

I really am proud of how he turned out. He was my first Convergence 'caster so I figure he gets the first paint on him. I'm continuing to use the 'porcelain' masks on the models with Soul Vessel, and I think it's turned out the best on him so far. I'm not the biggest fan of his model though, just like everybody else says, he just looks like a Swiss army knife. But I tried to make him a bit dynamic. 

So let's talk thoughts on the rules. Syntherion has gotten a couple 'buffs' lately between the CID and the recent dynamic update which essentially let him give out more focus. This is interesting but not really welcomed from me, as the entire gist of Convergence is that you don't need these things. With Empower, Resourceful, Convection, and his feat all there seemingly to help newer players of Convergence to recover when they make induction mistakes. I think he's still a great first caster for Convergence, but I doubt I'll be playing him much at his current state. Maybe I'll pull him out for some Brawlmachine, we'll see.

Family portrait so far

I've also finished the bottom half of my Prime Axiom. This is a lot to paint and I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to painting another huge base model. But I still think Axiom is one of the best collosals in the game, so I'm happy to make painting progress on it. 

Prime Axiom, bottom

Prime Axiom, bottom

Alright, that's it for now. I'm going to be posting weekly for a while now that my schedule is pretty relaxed over the holidays, and soon I'll have a pretty sizable chunk of the army painted. 


1 comment:

warhead01 said...

I really enjoy the pictures of all the models together.
They work really well together.