Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Prime Axiom finished

 I got another couple vectors done, most notably the Prime Axiom!

Prime Axiom, front

The top wasn't as detailed as the bottom, but a lot of flat surfaces to try to give depth to. This thing is as big as my head too. I can't say I'm fully happy with it, I think it's too monochromatic with the yellow brass or grey steel. But I do think it looks good and will be impressive on the table. 

Prime Axiom, back

I've done a few glows now but I really like the exaggerated OSL on this one, I think I'll start upping it more on my next few models too, it makes them look like they're in the night a bit. 

Wreck markers

I also painted up some old wreck markers from the previous editions of the game (they're not used anymore) to use as an objective and two flags. I really like the big one with its 'cartridge' pulled out, revealing some inner workings. No wonder my army would be fighting to recover it!

Inverter, front

I also did a quick paint of my inverter. I rushed it and will probably need to go back and touch it up, and especially hit it with a matte coat. You might notice that I played with Army Painter blood effect on the mace too, I don't know if I like it though. Likely won't be using it again in this army, but we'll see. 

Inverter, back

I have another couple lights on my bench now so those will probably be next. I think I'm actually close to done with my Destruction Initiative models (except more warcasters of course). 


No comments: