Thursday, May 12, 2022

Vector, servitors, and obstructors

Alright, let's see, where did I leave off...

Ah! With Lucant! Perfect, I have a bit more to show now. First is another tetrapod vector, this time I was smart enough to actually magnetize it for some extra flexibility in game. I'm glad I did too, because even though I mostly wanted a second Inverter, the Monitor has been pretty great in games! True Sight plus the Ricochet shot really makes my opponent keep their distance.

Monitor

Inverter

Cipher

I have to say though, I'm getting tired of always using the same 50mm base, so I started exploring other designs for resin bases that are "close enough". 

Here is a mixture of old and new bases, with a little modification to try to tie them together nicely. Obviously it's for another half dozen Eliminator Servitors for my gimmicky Iron Mother backlashination list. Because why bother have Directrix without 9+ puncture bots? I also ended up painting the servitors themselves, but they're nothing special.


More bases

Another shot of the bases, this time with done servitors

Elimination Servitors

I've had these guys since I got my first set of Convergence minis. Obstructors aren't exactly "good" but they're not the worst single wound infantry in Convergence! And that's something. Don't know what, but.... something.

They can be pretty fun with Lucant, but I think to really capitalize on that you need at least 30 of these, and I'm not going to paint that many. One unit to get toward faction complete is enough for me. 


Obstructors close-up

All ten Obstructors

Unit leader back

Unit leader front

 Alright, I have more to post next week.

No comments: