Monday, May 23, 2022

Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer

 Got another warcaster finished, and he's looking great! If you don't know, this warcaster is actually alive, in a meaty body and everything. He's just in some steampunk magic power armor. And his two hammers are named Action and Reaction.

Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer

I particularly love how the brass came out here. I may have mentioned it before, but it's not easy making brass not look like gold. And I'd probably say it's not easy making gold that doesn't look like brass either. But I think I really go it with him. And like Orion last week, and teal and pink glows really pop.

Axis, front

I'm also looking forward to putting him on the table too, he is a very aggressive caster. He has speed buff and can make my warjacks charge on my opponent's turn. He's always been considered a strong caster, as far as I remember.

Axis, side

Axis, back

No gaming pictures this week, but will hopefully have some next time. Since I've done one living warcaster, I may as well do the other one next.


And here is the list I plan on using him with (as always, feel free to offer any tips):


Convergence
[Theme] Clockwork Legions

[Axis 1] Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer [+30]
 - Conservator [11]
 - Corollary [0(5)]
 - Diffuser [0(5)]
 - Galvanizer [0(5)]
 - Inverter [14]
 - Inverter [14]
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex [2]
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex [2]
Enigma Foundry [4]
Enigma Foundry [4]
Enigma Foundry [4]
Frustum Locus [4]
Eradicators (max) [13]
 - Transverse Enumerator [3]
Obstructors (max) [11]
Optifex Directive [3]
Perforators (max) [16]


Axis of course gives his five warjacks countercharge, which can be quite a lot of area control but I need to be careful to screen them with the Obstructors so that my opponent can't just run up and engage them, negating their countercharge entirely. With two Inverters and a Conservator with native pathfinder and some extra speed, it should be getting a lot from countercharge. Plus Hand of Vengeance should always be up because of all of the infantry. Then Engimas for a lot recursion. Not sure about the Perforators yet, but a little range can't hurt, same with the Frustrum. I haven't tested this list yet, but I have a game coming up that I can try! 


No comments: