Monday, March 30, 2020

First unit of Convergence is done

With the current "situation" I've had just a tad of extra time with my paintbrush lately, so I started a unit for my Convergence of Cyriss, the Eradicators, a type of all robotic heavy infantry in Warmachine. The studio has them pretty monochromatic so I used a lot more contrast to make them pop. I am very happy with the off-white ceramic faceplate, in contrast to the brassy body and pink/purple light from their one eye. The studio also has a lot more glow, but I thought it would be overboard if I did that so just the eye and little backpack thing. I'm very keen on the transition from warm near the base and cool near the head as well.

Convergence of Cyriss Eradicators - Front


I also did just a small amount of freehand to help during gameplay in the same font that the studio uses for their text blocks.

Convergence of Cyriss Eradicators - Back

These guys were a lot of fun and only five of them is a good and manageable number so I'm actually looking forward to the next batch, especially now that I have a template to work from. Let me know what you think.

No comments: