Friday, March 13, 2020

Earthdawn model, Kululu

A buddy of mine was recently nice enough to 3D print a miniature I created in HeroForge which is meant to represent my character in a campaign of Earthdawn that I've been playing about once a month. My character is Kululu, a troll shaman (originally a nethermancer but he got changed after the shaman rules were released, since that's what I wanted in the first place). But he's not your usual, nature-loving shaman, he's a street-rat. In fact, though Earthdawn doesn't have totems for shamen like Shadowrun does, I chose the Rat Totem for him anyway. So he's an urban shaman wearing some fernweave armor.




There are definitely some parts that I'm not too keen about how they did but I started feeling finished before he was done and I find it's best not to push past that point. I'm really happy about the albino rat (he was two pet rats that he likes to talk to, one named Gutter and the other named Alley). The brown rat is good too, but much harder to see. I chose a lighter highlight for the higher levels (face, chest, upper arm) to try to draw the eye to the face. The eyes have blue irises. Though they were simple (drybrush then glaze) I'm really happy with how the horns turned out. For being all one piece and printed on a personal printer (inexpensive), I expected the model to be far worse than it was but my friend did a great job with it. I would definitely try to do it again, well worth it.For scale, here he is with an Infinity model and a Warmachine model I'm working on.



No comments: