Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Strakhov 2 and friends

I made a lot of progress on Assault Kommando Strakhov and his friends. I'm happy enough with them to play them but I'm not entirely sure I'm done with them yet.

I'm going to set them aside for now, and I might come back to them later. I tried experimenting with the black with hard highlighting, to try to imitate shiny leather or rubber which gives them corrosion immunity. I did the same with the red.


I thought that the extreme highlighting might evoke a night time lighting but I think I missed that.

As always, I'll wait to do the basing later with the rest of my army.

I also recently got the Extreme Destroyer and was surprised at how many pieces it had!






Even the individual fingers were separate pieces. I wanted to assemble it in a dynamic pose, with the 'jack looking where it was shooting, and I think I did a decent job of that. Here is what it looks like now, though I don't feel finished with it yet.


So I've gotten it to the point that it's at least as good as my other destroyer, but I want to do more to it still. I'm thinking some weathering and rust. What I like about it so far is the blue steel of the axe and a good looking Khador symbol on the top hatch.




Hope you enjoy.




2 comments:

warhead01 said...

The red is fantastic!
Some of the highlights in the assault commandos are a little rough up close but look good in the smaller pictures. I like them a lot.

Shaper Jhae said...

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering that myself. Now that I'm trying out wet blending I can go back and touch them up. I want them to look like shiny rubber, since they're immune to fire and corrosion in game, I imagine that must be what they're wearing.