Friday, May 24, 2019

Stop. Time for hammers. Also, machine guns.

I've had a lot of work to do with no deadlines and procrastination is nearing its peak for me, which ultimately means another painting figure! This one is the slightly larger than usual Grolar, again from Khador. I took the lazy way out and didn't magnetize him because I don't have magnets. And I thought at the time (without checking out the rules) that obviously the hammer and minigun were better than no hammer or minigun. Well, now I wish I could also play the Kodiak but oh well, I guess I'll have to throw more money at PP. Regardless, I do like the studio paint scheme for the Kodiak for these bigger warjacks than the normal red scheme. I'm not sure if I'm trying to be consistent or not, but in case I am I think I'll paint future standard Juggernaut chassis 'jacks that classic Khador red, and the bigger ones the field green.

But enough empty plans. No decent pictures today, just what I snapped from my painting table. Don't mind the distractingly beautiful table cloth in the background, that what we play board games on and we'll be starting Pandemic Legacy tonight so that's why it's out.




I tried for easily over two hours to replicate what I did on the Behemoth with this guy but I could not get the green to look right. But it's close as long as they're not shoulder to shoulder. As an update, this is my Legion of Steel 75pt theme list so far.






It's just missing the battle mechaniks I ordered with my FLGS, I need to finish my IFP and start my Great Bears, and then it could be tournament ready. Despite being a terrible list. And I probably won't play with Kovlov. Or in any tournaments.

No comments: