Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tournament at the Guild

Today was a tournament at my local game store. It was 40k and 2000pts. I decided to enter it about a half hour before it started with my Blood Angels, an army that rarely gets pulled out but strangely is my biggest one sitting at 10,000 points. I went in the tournament not really wanting to win but have fun. Throw in a few things that I never get to use such as terminators and Mephiston. So I made my list that morning and my first opponent was Imp Guard, who I massacred. My second opponent was a friend of mine who is a professional painter (the main operator of Stiff Neck Studios) who happened to have a Nidzilla tyranid list with him. He's a great gamer and really played a great game. For the first 3 or 4 turns we agreed that I had the game in the bag but then Mephiston turned on me and whiffed, then died and my army just rolled nothing but ones from that point on, and he ended up getting a minor victory. My last opponent had a Genestealer army that I ended up beating him into submission on turn 4.

I ended up coming in 2nd and my second opponent came in first (the other two people above us had to play each other and ended up drawing the game, putting them under us). Not too bad for not planning on winning at all in my opinion. I did learn something interesting though, apparently psykers can have a Feel No Pain roll against a Perils of the Warp... makes no sense but it's there.

Well thanks for reading

No comments: