Friday, February 13, 2015

A few more models

I breezed through the Withershadow Combine without any trouble (which may or may not bite me in the ass when I look at them later down the road) and all things considered I think they turned out pretty well. I am a big fan of the models themselves which took very little effort to glue together and they are wonderful sculpts. I did not do any customization to them, not even the customary string in puppet-guy's marionette.


I know they aren't the best pictures but I don't really have much of a photobox anymore so they'll have to do. Besides, they're not exactly fabulous enough for one anyway. Still not based of course, just keeping that black for now.

I still haven't managed to take a good picture of the Deneghra that I redid (partly because I don't even like the sculpt, let alone my paintjob over the sculpt) but I did manage to catch an elusive Seether in the wild that I painted oh... about 8 months ago? Something like that.




Again, not great pictures but I think good enough to get the gist. Don't mind the dust on the base, it's not intentional and obviously I didn't mind it (only just saw it actually). Anyway, I'm a fan of the bone spikes on this one which were a royal pain to glue on but I'm glad I stuck with it. I remember it took me about 3 hours to get this one guys glued together, and about 2 hours and 45 minutes of that were the spikes.

2 comments:

warhead01 said...

I really like these as well. I like the blues. I was wondering about the bases yesterday but didn't ask. Were these painted to a set color scheme ? or did you just pick some colors you wanted to use?

Shaper Jhae said...

I more or less just picked colors I wanted as I was painting them so that they matched the rest of the army. I was sort of following about four or five other paint schemes I'd seen and such frankensteining the styles together.