Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Blood Angels

Well I've been looking at the new codex and I think all around it isn't too bad. When I found out that Matt Ward was writing it I was genuinely concerned for my most favorite of marine chapters but he surprisingly pulled it out. I'm glad they put a little bit of randomness in The Red Thirst special rule and disappointed about "buying" death company, I personally think the third edition method for determining Death Company was the best one but eh, what can ya do. I don't like the direction they're going with Mephiston, the "used-to-be" best psyker in the Imperium. It seems like he's becoming more combat killer than psyker at this point, he has the stats of a monsterous creature, no Independent Character, no Feel no Pain, and of course no Invulnerable save. I feel he's gotten even worse from the last edition but, eh. I also am not a fan of all the artificer armour they're handing out all willy nilly to everyone but captains. It doesn't really make any sense to me from a fluff point, before the only people who had golden armour was Dante, his honour guard, a few select captains, and the Chief Librarian. Now you can have an entire army of them, not much of an honour anymore eh?

For a while I heard rumors of successor support for Angels Sanguine, Flesh Tearers, and another one I don't care about, but apparently they only kept the Flesh Tearers. That's another big disappointment considering after my Tyranids are done I was going to do an Angels Sanguine army. In fact my old Blood Angels are being stripped now, but that doesn't mean I can't.

On a nonrelated note, Unclean Studios got their first official commision a couple days ago. A space wolf army from a friend of the other half of the Studios. Unclean Studios is going to be a mostly terrain and basing company but I think we'll easily be able to tackle a few painting commisions on the side.

Thanks for reading, and as always, come back for more!

No comments: