Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quick! Press the RESET button!!!

Got a lot to post about today. Yesterday I participated in the Warhammer 'Ard Boyz tournament at my LGS and I think I did pretty well. I had an almost all goblin army with a couple units of Black Orcs (to smack the goblins around). I played against a legand gamer around here my first game (well one of them, we seem to have a couple) and by some miracle or act of Gork (or maybe Mork) I managed to pull out a Minor Loss, he was playing Vampire Counts (an army I've never played against and knew nothing about). It turns out he massacred everyone else he played against though so I'll take that as a win in my book. My second game was against Wood Elves which caused a lot of problems from Fear Elves but I overcame it with a draw in my favor by 600 points. Those were the top players at the time and I was fighting for 3rd (there weren't many people at this one) but I couldn't fight anyone that I should have because I already had so I ended up playing against Skaven and I pulled a Massacre off the skin of my teeth. I ended up in 2nd place over all and thats when I came to a chilling conclusion.

I got $40 for second place and I ended up looking through the whole Citadel catalog and I couldn't find anything that I needed. Or wanted. Now that, for a gaming addict, is an extremely sobering feeling. I think I'm bored with GW! I know, its shocking but I don't know what to do at this point. I do hope this is a temporary feeling though. Updates soon.

Next order of business is my Tyranids. I'm tired of them. So earlier this week I stripped them all and I will repaint them and possibly sell them. I'm thinking a simpler scheme to get them all done and out of here and start a new army, plus the new codex is going to be coming out so maybe I will end up just getting another Nid army and trying again.

Then there's my Blood Angels. Now there's an army that I am sick and tired of looking at... space marines. I see so many and they are so boring now, and Blood Angels just aren't different enough to be... different, if that makes any sense. But I still feel emotionally attached to them. I am up to 13k points of them and they were my first army ever, so I just haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of them. This is a dilemnia I've been looking at for many months now and I am lost at what to do.

My Deathwing were unassembled and returned to their respective bits boxes.

And lastly my Iron Warriors. I've made very little progress on these guys except for one squad of Defensemasters (count as Plaguemarines) and the buying on a box to make into Seigemasters (count as Thousand Sons). And that's about it. I tried my best to keep it short but thanks for reading and come back soon y'all

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I really should hop on here and harass your blog more often. Unlike you, I have the rare look to constantly be away from gaming. It allows me to not be bored with the game! That and the new Space Wolves Codex came out which is making me extremely happy.

Hopefully The Tyranids, Dark Eldar, and Necron codexes will be a nice little change of pace. I've also heard a wild rumor that there is a Blood Angels codex idea being tossed around.