Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Channel Your Inner Nurgle

I'm sorry to say that Papa Nurgle and I have not always had the best of relationships on the field of painting. I always wanted to do up a Death Guard army in 40k, even did a fair number of test models, but it never worked out. Painting the dirty and gritty is just something I never picked up with ease like so many others. Maybe it's because I don't use an airbrush. Who knows.

Anyway, I picked up a little squad of Bile Thralls for my Cryx army and instead of doing school stuff I painted them all in a day on Sunday (luckily I've been snowed in for three days now anyway). I can't say I'm happy with them but I could agree that they're probably tabletop quality. And who knows, they may be good to someone else. Regardless they're painted and I doubt I'll repaint them anytime soon.






You can probably notice that I did one a little different from the rest and layered the flesh instead of drybrushing and blending. Obviously I didn't like it as much but I didn't feel like repainting him. I like these guys, don't get me wrong, but they just didn't turn out how I wanted them. Anyway, hope you enjoy and such.

I planned on going to the game store here and trying out my hand at actually playing Warmachine (which I still never have with my own models), but the snowoclypse put an end to that plan. It's been pleasant having free time but now I'm out of models and can't get more.

Also here is the whole gang for now all together.


Even though they're all individually quite different from each other, I think they fit together quite nicely. A rag-tag bunch of go-getters they are.

1 comment:

warhead01 said...

I'm not sure I can see what you don't like about them. they look grubby and gritty. Maybe they aren't dirty enough for you . More washes maybe?
I like your collection. Good work!