Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Productive Day

After I finished my Withershadow Combine I ordered a Pistol Wraith to round out a decent 25 pt list to play with. In fact I have been going to game store here a fair bit lately and they seem like a good sort, a little strange but good none the less, so I've been thinking about joining their Monday Journeyman league. Anyway, I got my Pistol Wraith this afternoon and I finished it about an hour ago totalling about 3-4 hours all together.

My inspiration came from this post at Pain, Tin and Stuff here by Jani Hyvarinen, who I think did the effect much better than I did but I'm happy with my result anyway.








I tried to give ya a black background so that the white had more contrast but it almost seemed like it overdid it. The pictures definitely make it look like it's glowing on the highlights. You might not be able to tell but the eyes are glowing green and the only matching part to the rest of my army and of course he's unbased. But I like him, it's different from anything I'd ever done.


Maybe soon I'll post a picture of everyone together, but for now I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

warhead01 said...

Wow. That's cool. he looks oil painted. I can't say I have seen anything like that before. How hard was that to do?

Shaper Jhae said...

Not too bad, he's supposed to look like he's fading in and out of the world, since he turns incorporeal and such. Mostly it was just 'extreme highlighting' up to white.