Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A couple new ones

I'm on spring break so I do have a fair amount of time, but not a fair amount of models to paint, which I suppose is the drawback to only having one unpainted unit at a time. Regardless I managed to get my hands on two, one which I had been looking forward to for a while and another that I didn't even know I wanted but it turns out I very much did. I did however based all the models I have now and I'm pretty happy with the result of everyone together. I played my biggest game yet on Monday (35pt) and after seeing them all lined up and happily slaughtering everyone, I decided that it worked well with them.

So the first one is Lich Lord Venethrax, who has an awesome (in my opinion) storyline, a pretty cool model (even if he does have that genestealer broodlord pose that I dislike) and decent rules. Overall he's my favorite warcaster in the Cryx army so I'm quite happy to have him. Overall I think he turned out pretty good but I still feel as though something is missing so I'm not going to call him done yet, but I will stop painting him for now.


I realize the picture quality is less than stellar but I think this gives a decent idea of what he looks like.

Next is Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius which I think is the most recent or one of the most recent models added to the Cryx army as a whole. He was a Kickstarter reward for that Warmachine Tactics game (which I heard isn't being received too well) and then it seems he was resculpted for the masses, which is good because the other sculpt I've been seeing online is pretty 2D in my opinion. I have the good new one. He is Cryx's only journeyman warcaster and only 3pt and I look forward to playing with him. I sat with this guy all day today (not doing much else actually) trying to figure out how I was going to paint him and there was little inspiration online but I think he turned out pretty good. The flesh was a bit intimidating but I think I managed it without it looking TOO cartoony. He's basically one of those models that looks great 3 feet away but a pretty blotchy up close, kinda like those stage performers and their make-up. Anyway he's below: 





Both are great models and also I based them the same way as everyone else so that should give a good idea of how that went. 

Let me know what you think.

No comments: